Tuesday, September 7, 2010

i want your everything... as long as it's free.

I had a great day! I called my mom and got things sorted out. She is the greatest. After I called her I was in such a good mood I thought "I'm going on a hunt for a pumpkin spice latte"! Surely fancy-pants Starbucks would have one! They are all about the fancy stuff. Here's how my conversation with the worker in green went:
Me: Hi!! Do you have the pumpkin spiced latte?! (Need I mention that I had a smile on my face as big as Canada waiting for "of course we do silly, we're Starbucks!")
Him: No, we don't. You're the second person that asked about that today. It must be an American thing. Are you American?
Me: No, I'm Canadian
Him: Well it sounds Halloween-y and we don't really buy into Halloween here... (what was it he he said... I think he said it was silly or something)
Me: It's not Halloween-y at all! It's more Fallish (looks at me funny) Err... Autumn themed? Anyway, it's great and you should think about
getting it.
Needless to say I didn't get my favorite drink, for the 100th time someone thought I was American AND he basically pooped on Halloween. Lame. So I got a regular coffee and a blueberry muffin .
After I was done I headed down the road a little bit to one of my favorite stationary stores. I bought a nice black pen for school because I always go looking for a black pen for my paperwork but I only have blue or a funny colour. Problem solved! After that I thought I would go to Clifton Village which I always happen to find by chance or by bus. It's like a secret place I always stumble upon. Today, I wasn't so lucky and I couldn't find it for the life of me. Instead I found this walkway with a very old graveyard on either side. Brenna told me about it one day and I always kept my eyes open for it. So I walked for a while and chose left or right whenever I felt I should turn. Turns out I walked in a complete circle and ended up where I started, by the music building (which by the way looks like University Hall). I went in hoping someone would be at the main desk to tell me about their ensembles and when they start but I couldn't find anyone at the moment. I need to make it back to Clifton Village because there is a bag there... let's just say it was love at first sight and some day, if it's still there sitting lonely on the shelf and my wallet isn't empty I'm going to give it a good home.
So I decided to head to the grocery store to buy some food for lunches if I get work tomorrow and the rest of the week. 6am comes early... and I didn't practice getting up early like I planned. But that just means that I will end up going to bed earlier and I will get back into a routine soon!
Now I am off to read the last chapter of my book. I have been reading since 8:30 this evening and it's almost 11:30 now. This has been one of those books where I'm scared to finish it because I don't know what I could possibly read next that would hold my interest. I'll get over it soon but holy moly it's wonderful.
Cross your fingers for work tomorrow (at a good school...)
lovelovelove xo

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about finishing a good book. But...have you read water for elephants yet? i'm currently enjoying it. we should start a skype book club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo! a skype book club!! we could even get on oprah with that idea!!

    ReplyDelete