Saturday, September 4, 2010

i am not lonely i swear to god i'm just alone

I had a nice conversation with the neighbour yesterday while I was checking the mail. Her name is Monica! No, I don't see us turning into the series Friends, besides my name isn't Rachel or Phoebe. She was very kind! We talked about our summers. She went to Austrailia and New Zealand to visit her daughters and I told them about the visit my parents had. She recommended some places I MUST see. Everyone says Cornwall and I am not surprised. Remember my vacation to Newquay? Cornwall. "Best beaches around" she says and little did she know she was talking to someone who loves the ocean no matter what side of it I am is on! I collected my junk mail and stuff for the former tenant I went back upstairs to my book.
I remember when we were getting used to being here and Brenna said that the mornings were sometimes the hardest. It's the time change. Right now it's almost 8am at home, 7am further west, and in BC it's almost 3am!! Not to mention it is Saturday so unless I want to talk to my aunt Valerie who wakes up at 5am every morning or go-getters in Ontario, or people arriving home from a night out on the west coast I'm outta luck.
I think my lack of human contact is starting to get to me. My budget plan until I get paid next: stay inside and you can't spend money. Not really working out. But I put aside enough money to go to the cute little theatre in Henleaze to see the Igor & Coco movie! This love affair was not in my wind lit course... shocked it wasn't? No. Haha. Anyway, I'm a sucker for a forbidden romance so I will go see that on cheap night and who knows, maybe I will meet a friend!
I think some window shopping is in order for this afternoon! I think I will stop by the library first and pick up Never Let Me Go just. I want to read the book before I see the movie.
I hope you all have a great day!
Miss you all.

xo

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading Never Let Me Go too!! And I am very much looking forward to frequenting the library once I'm there.
    I'm so excited Tara. Your loneliness will end soon because I will be there in 10 days! But don't worry, you'll still get Taratime.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Hilary!
    We got a hoover today aka a vacuum cleaner hahs. Most exciting thing that has happened to me in a week! But I can't talk about it too much... whatever will I blog about if I do?
    <3
    See you SOON!

    ReplyDelete