I talked to mom the other day and she had something exciting to ask!! So, my father is a barber in Cape Breton. He now owns my grandfathers shop and has been there for almost 25 years! He started when I was born so there is so much of it that has been part of my life. Next door to the shop is the beauty parlor where Ursula works! Ursula moved to Canada when she was 16 and started working in hair dressing places and then got a job next to the barber shop. She moved here from Poland leaving all of her family behind and she still visits on a very regular basis. She is going this September and mom was going to see if it would be possible for me to go visit four a couple of days!! It would be amazing. It's still very much up in the air but imagine... Poland! Holy moly. I'm getting around!!
Today is dedicated to writing post cards to family and friends back home. It should have been done 2 months ago as a thank you for coming to my grad party... but my middle name is procrastinator. I have a lot of things to return to the library as well. Moving away and knowing you can't buy too many things because you have to eventually pack them up leads to to the library. I used to go to the library 3-4 days out of the week when I was a little girl so I have always loved them. It's nice rekindling that love :)
It's a beautiful sunny day so I think I am going to find a nice coffee shop with my post cards, book, and really nice new pen from London. If you are interested in receiving mail from England let me know!!
Miss you all!!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment