Thursday, August 26, 2010

i do believe i have been changed for the better

I feel like I have just woken up and I can't remember where I am.
The past two weeks have been so amazing and unbelievable. My parents came, I showed them around Bristol, we ate amazing food, we went to Rome, I fell in love with Rome, I went to the Vatican, I wrote postcards outside of the Colosseum, and I had gelato every day. I have been thinking about what to say and how to say it when it comes to Rome. There are no words to describe it so I will let you experience it for yourself and you will understand.
I was able to celebrate Brenna's birthday with her! It was low key and we had amazing Indian food from around the corner. It was nice to spend time with her! It felt like I haven't seen her in 3ish weeks... probably because I really didn't.
Nicole arrived the next day! She stayed for a fews nights and it is really nice having her on this side of the pond. I am happy she is close to Morgan, hopefully they can hang out.
Off to London with mom and dad on Monday morning! I don't know what it is but I was having a hard time falling for London the way I did over Bristol and Rome. I think it is because I was exhausted when I went the both times. And it's overwhelming. There was SO much to see and take in. I really need to plan when I want to see the big things next time... or do it in stages.
Then, I saw Wicked. Oh my good god. If you don't know this about me already I am a HUGE Wizard of OZ fan. I watched it once a week when I was little! The story line is amazing and I love everything that has to do with it. Naturally, I knew I would like it. Like it... I loved it. If you have a chance to go see it world, do it. Gah.
My mom and dad left on Wednesday. They walked me to Morgan's and once the door closed I cried and cried. I'm a sucker when it comes to see you laters. Morgan and Brenna were very good and hugged me. We stayed in and watched Sex and the City 2 and made amazing nachos.
The next morning Brenna went off to buy her ticket for Wicked! Morgan and I had a slow (and needed) morning! We walked around London... parts the tour didn't show! I went to a 6 floor toy store and my inner child couldn't help but burst out. There was a Harry Potter section and I was in Heaven. We found Brenna after a St. Paul's meeting spot misunderstanding and we quickly took the underground to King's Cross Station! We got our picture taken at platform 9 3/4! It was amazing! After that thrill we went to Harrods. Google it. I saw a woman trying to decided between two 4000 pound Hermes bags. I could only afford one chocolate truffle for 1 pound. My oh my it was good.
Brenna went off to her musical and Morgan and I talked ourselves out of going out for supper and ordering in from Wagamamas. It was amazing but then again that was the theme for the past couple of months. Brenna was done her musical and we went to get her and showered her with Wicked hugs. After packing and some laughs we went to bed. 6am comes early you know.
On Thursday morning my Brenna packed up her stuff and we shared hugs and I love yous and off she went for her last tube ride (for now).
I made my way back to Bristol without a tear shed. Then I started listening to For Good from the Wicked soundtrack and I found all my tears.
Now, I am going to have some Taratime until Hilary arrives!!
To Brenna, thank you for more than you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment