Saturday, November 20, 2010

Belief makes things real.

It is all fine for Alanis to be singing about being poor and happy... she's quite rich now isn't she?
To say I am discouraged and stressed might be an understatement. I am trying my best to keep a smile on my face and my loved ones convinced I am doing fine and that all is well but I'm getting a little tired.
I was told that living in England was expensive and while I agreed I also said that if you are making the pound to support yourself it wouldn't be too bad. You need to be making that pound though. Truth is I have worked 2 days since September and hesitated on getting a part-time job because I was worried it would conflict with possible work days. I wake up at 6 every morning, eat breakfast, put on my teacher clothes and sit with my coffee and wait until 7am to call into work. Then I wait. Four hours of waiting until I can continue with my day.
My parents have been so helpful and supportive over my adventure and I am thankful for that every single day. Last weekend my brother got in an accident with the family van. He is ok but the van was totaled. Two week before that we found out that I have to start paying 730.00 every month for 9.5 years to student loans. Needless to say I'm feeling so many emotions right now.
I've been living for pay day for six years and while it worked when I was a student I find it's kicking my ass as a person in the "real world". I am about to spend my first Christmas away from everything/one I love and the plan was to throw money at this situation... distract myself from the shock of not being home. AND I can't find egg nog anywhere.... kick me in the face.
So there you have it... stuff I wouldn't normally write on a postcard. As always, things could be worse and I know that. Pray that the travel store calls me back and wants me to work there over the Christmas season.
Every time I talk to my Dad he says "it'll work out, don't worry" of course I cry whenever he says it but he believes so I will believe.

Oh my blueness could be brought on by the beginning of the end, Harry Potter. Seeing it Monday! Wish me luck.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment