Week two is harder on my heart than I expected. I’ll get over it... I just have to look around and remind myself of what I am doing and who I am doing it for: me. I can’t help but think about things and people I shouldn’t be but then again why stop myself? They are just thoughts anyway and they will only cause me harm if I let them.
I finished a week of teaching and let’s just say “we aren’t in kanas anymore, Toto”. Holy! The one school I went to for the week was crazy... It did get better because I was there for 4 days and some of the kids started to get used to me but can you really have a handle on classroom management when the kids don’t even acknowledge you are there? Or when a fight breaks out on day two? All in all I made it through and not once did I feel scared or have thoughts “can I handle this?”. I know I can but it’s just sad that I probably won’t get much teaching done unless I am in a really good school or if they continue to put me in a math class haha... I would take the train to school everyday and that alone was worth the day. I think everyone else on the train took it for granted; the beauty and the man who came along saying “anything from the trolley?”. The country side is so beautiful and green (it makes you thankful for the rain for making it so picturesque) and everything reminds me of Harry Potter which excites me greatly. I didn’t work yesterday, I called and said I wasn’t feeling well which I wasn’t. I was so exhausted that I physically couldn’t get out of bed. Let’s hope for a full week to bring in the money so I can comfortably survive here. I will I just have to get back on my feet from not working for 2 months before coming here.
Last night I went to a local pub and watched the game with Brenna. I guess you can tie in football... who knew? So they didn’t win or lose last night but there was a lot of cursing haha and angry English folk! Next game is on Wednesday at 3 so I doubt I will get to see it but hopefully they win!
I think I am going to walk around and take pictures today. I haven’t taken any in a few days so I think it’s time to get out there! There was a place in the mall where you send the picture to this guy and he puts it on a canvas for you!! So I might do that with some of mine for my wall! Like my Stonehenge one and maybe some others!!
I think we are off to Cheltenham tomorrow aka Holst’s homeland! I will bring my ipod to listen to the First Suite and some Jupiter while I am there!
Much love,
Coombs
No comments:
Post a Comment